Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Friday, November 19, 2010

Regency Bonnet Commission part 4


Next comes the dark green banding around the pleated crown. I am using a piece of antique silk velvet in a rich forest green. I have to make the cinched top and then attach the velvet to all of the layers.



I flip the hat over and pleat a different silk to the underside of the brim. Now I can add binding all around and cover the padded and wired edge with this silk. The original fashion plate had a puffy edge to the brim, and although I do not know what it was padded with I used a cotton batting.


Finally, I can add the inside lining and seal all the guts of the inside! I don't like looking at the seams and stray threads, and this is one of the more enjoyable parts of the construction process. I added a wire frame to the rough side of the lining. This will help keep the cinched crown from settling down into the crown too much. stay tuned for the final finish....

No comments:

Post a Comment