Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Regency Bonnet Commission part 2



I based my hat design on the small image of the striped bonnet. I searched through my silk fabric collection until I found a combination of blue green colors and textures. I drafted the pattern through some trial and error....but managed to make a paper tracing that had the correct brim shape. After making the paper pattern, I transferred the pattern to buckram fabric. Buckram is a heavy fabric with a stiff glue finish and open mesh weave. I wired the edge for stability and covered it with heavy wool felt. Then I pleated the silk fabric around the top of the brim until it was completely circled.
Please check back for next post on making the crown of the hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment