Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Antique Mannequins-Meet Simone and Hattie


In my quest to acquire a mannequin head, I now have two! I will be making a third, to cover earlier decades as well. I found a very vintage model-here name is Hattie. I named her after Hattie Carnegie, the famous milliner. Hattie is a 1940s gal. She forgot to use her Pond's Cold Cream, and is now cracked and aged. I like her look. She is very typical of the 40s era mannequin heads. The back of her head is designed with a little ledge in the hair to help display tilt hats and such. Should I try to restore her, or just appreciate her age patina?

My other girl Simone is a reproduction mannequin. She is a 1920s model. I think she is divine. They called her Esther on the website, but she begged for a new moniker. She was described as having smokey bedroom eyes...but I call them Opium stupor eyes. She is a beauty.

They are going to display my hats and bonnets . I just put up a set of new caps in my Etsy shop using Simone as a model.

No comments:

Post a Comment