Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Painting teaser/experiment-spring




Here is the start of a new painting. It is nice to take a little break from animals and people and paint a still life. This is a scene of daffodils from my garden. I hope to paint a lot of still lifes from my own garden blooms this year. My roses are just starting to leaf out, so roses will follow in a couple of months. I am a David Austin fanatic... I now have 25 Austin rose bushes. They are so much fun to paint. In the mean time, I must wait. Paper whites and daffodils are early spring, late winter bloomers.

My experiment tonight is with a small glass of wine...will I paint badly under the influence? Does a little wine help one focus more by relaxing and getting into the painting mood? The last time I painted under the influence it was a terrible experience. Two margaritas and three hours of painting out in the sun en plein air makes for a really crappy painting. I thought it looked good until I sobered up (beer goggles?) I have a little Chris Isaak going and a bit of zinfandel. Will post later the result.

1 comment:

  1. Meadow, drinking and the sun never go well together. Just make sure you don't wash your brushes in your wine accidentally! Cant wait to see the painting.

    ReplyDelete