Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

1st wave-Roses in bloom-Still life set ups


My first wave of David Austen roses are coming in. This is usually the largest set of blooms, and the most prolific. Some of my roses set blooms through November, but others do their best in the months of April and May. I am stockpiling images, so I can paint rose still lifes whenever the mood strikes. The rich red blooms are Red Eden and Sir Edgar Elgar.


The largest pale peachy ones are Jude the Obscure, which has an incredible fragrance. The yellows are Golden Celebration, also large in size and with a lovely scent.
In the mix is Heritage, Swedish Queen, James Galway,Carding Mill,and Alnwick. I have many others which are just about to bloom shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment