Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Doll Party painting step by step part 4





Slow and steady wins the race they say...and I am really putting that phrase to the test on this painting.
The blocks and roses in this area are close to a finish.

I am trying to get everything covered so I can get into the layering process.

Finishing an area wet-into-wet is appropriate for certain textures. For other textures, a slow build-up of paint is better. There is lace on the large dolls dress that is best painted in stages. I will photograph these layers and post them. Painting lace is similar to painting glass, except it has more textural opacity. I begin the area for the lace by painting the dark values and colors that are under the lace. There is a deep ochre and rust stain in those areas on the dolls dress.

Stay posted for the next update on lace painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment