Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Monday, August 29, 2011

Nocturne painting-en plein air




The nocturne paintings of Frank Tenney Johnson are a beautiful depiction of the wild west under a moonlit night.


My friends and I went to Balboa Park last night to attempt our own version of a night painting en plein air. This was my second attempt. The first experience was quite miserable, trying to paint an ocean and cityscape under moonlight. The problem was that the moon decided to hide under a cloud the whole time, and there was very little visible. A better solution was to paint something with its own light source.

My friends found these booklights from Barnes and Noble for our set-ups. They are light weight and put out a lot of light.

I painted a 6x12 oil on linen panel.



No comments:

Post a Comment