Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oil Painters of America Western Regional painting demo-Napa Valley





This past weekend Erik and I drove up to Napa Valley for a Western Regional show for Oil Painter's of America. I had been asked to do a quick painting demonstration inside the host gallery. The show was hosted by Lee Youngman Galleries. I was very fortunate to have a model who did a very good job of holding steady. I brought my portable plein air set up from Sienna Plein Air.

A quick linear lay in on an oil primed linen board to start:

Next were some massed in colors and values:


Trying to quickly cover everything in a short amount of time is a real challenge-

I did not venture into the clothing of the model-(stripes take time!) and finished the vignette with the necklace shape.

Thank you to Christine for modelling for me:

1 comment:

  1. All paintings are hand-painted oil paintings .The quality of paint pigment is stable and the color is not easy to change, which is up to the international detection standard of environmentally friendly materials. We pursue high quality of the painting and precise control of the detail.

    ReplyDelete