Saturday, March 3, 2012
Costume painting class-pose three-Lord of the Rings Elven gown-Final cut
The dress was finished just in time. I also made an elven crown from materials I could find at Michaels.
I was going to add those metal medallions shown in the last post, but they just did not look Elven to me. They looked Etruscan or something.
I used a simple antique braid instead, and much prefer the low key shimmer it has.
The collar, sleeve caps, and linings have the metal silk fabric.
I am curious how to achieve the effect of this type of fabric in a painting-I think my students will show me how to do it!
The really big sleeves drape nicely, and although the fabric nap does not match (and this does bug me a bit) it is a good trade-off for the effect-
Tami, our model, looks perfect in this dress-and a thank you to her to finishing the total effect.