Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tiny costumes antique bear wear-The Three Bears


I have been sewing up some costumes for my antique mohair bears. All hand sewn, with antique and vintage materials. These bears will be part of a still life set up for my still life class. The small bear wears a jester suit of cotton organdy with navy blue dots. I made him a fool's cap with crinoline, tiny piping, and a hand pleated rosette.

Little ruffles of cotton organdy with tiny red dots complete his ensemble.

The larger bear who has no mouth is wearing a cloak of antique cotton velveteen with a bone button.

I will sew him a new mouth, since he lost his at one point in life. His cloak is lined with antique cotton in a neat print.

The third bear is still naked (not pictured,) I need to make one more outfit for the three little bears theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment