Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Painting-"Granddaughter"

 Finally I have finished this new painting titled "Granddaughter."  This is a 30x40 oil on linen canvas. I replaced the original background-which looked like a modern day swap meet-for a view of the Crow River I shot in Montana.
 This little girl was dressed and ready to dance, she looks to be about 3-4 years old?
 Her grandmother was wearing a jingle dress, which has these metal cones all over it.  I believe they are made from tobacco can lids. She also had a beaded necklace. I can't say the jingle dress is my favorite thing to paint, rather torturous, actually.
The little girl was really wearing a pair of vans...so I painting them as moccasins instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment