Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bag Lady Christmas


This year I decided to sew up some bags for Christmas gifts. The first bag I made was from Colette patterns. I made the "Cooper" bag, in style number 2, the back pack. This was a really good pattern, well put together, and with three variations for most any need. I made the bag for Erik. The dark fabric is waxed canvas from England, which is a great material, a water resistant cotton with wax melted into it. It is contrasted with heavy cotton twill denim. 
 There are magnetic snaps to close the flap at the top.
 I lined it in cotton Bat-man fabric, since Erik is on a Bat man kick these days.
 This is a view of the back, showing the straps for wearing as a back pack.

It has brass rivets on the front flap portion.


These are some box bags I made. These are fully lined and have handles and tabs. I made them with a different fabric combination for the girls in the family, plus one with trains for my nephew to store his Tech-Dech toys.
These are great for holding knitting supplies, cosmetics, toys, etc.I like to put knitting projects in different ones for on the go readiness. The snap handle enables them to be attached to purses or other handles.
The full lining hides all the seams and makes for a neat finish to the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment